Dr. Vilayat M. Guliyev (05.11.1952)
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
of the Republic of Azerbaijan to Hungary
- 1970-1975 Student at BSU, Philology Faculty.
- 1975-1978 Secondary School Teacher, Beylagan District, Azerbaijan.
- 1978-1981 Post Graduate at the Literature National Academy of Science of the Republic Azerbaijan.
- 1982 Candidate of Science in Philology.
- 1981-1987 Fellow and later Chief of Section at the Institute Literature of the National Academy of Science of the Republic Azerbaijan.
- 1987-1991 Deputy Director of the Institute Literature National Academy of Science of the Republic Azerbaijan.
- 1990 PhD in Philology.
- 1991-1992 Professor at Ataturk University Turkey (Erzurum).
- 1992-1996 Senior Fellow at the Institute Literature of the National Academy of Science of the Republic Azerbaijan, Editor-in-Chief of “Millet” newspaper.
- 1996 Elected a member of the Milli Mejlis (Parliament) of the Republic Azerbaijan from a single mandate constituency.
- Oct.1999 Appointed as a Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic Azerbaijan
- 1999-2004 Minister of Foreign Affairs
- 2000 Conferred a rank of Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
- 2004-2010 Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the RepublicAzerbaijanPoland
- 2010 Appointed Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the RepublicAzerbaijanHungary.
Mr. Vilayat Guliyev is an author of 15 books and over 300 scientific articles published in Russia, Turkey and Iran.
Received “M.F.Axundov” (1989) and “H.Z.Tagiyev” (1994) awards for his scientific activity.
He speaks Russian, Turkish, Persian, English and Polish.
Married, has a son and a daughter