Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with Péter Szijjártó, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Hungary within the framework of the 24th Ministerial Council of the OSCE.
At the meeting, the sides expressed satisfaction with the development of cooperation and political dialogue between Azerbaijan and Hungary.
Ministers reviewed issues on the agenda of bilateral relations and exchanged their views on the prospects of development of cooperation in various fields between the two countries. The sides also commended the progress achieved in education field during recent years.
Touching upon the importantance of expansion of legal-treaty base for the development of bilateral cooperation between Azerbaijan and Hungary, Ministers mentioned the necessity of exerting further efforts in this field.
Informing his counterpart about negotiation process on the settlement of Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, particularly the meetings held on 6th December with Co-Chairs and Armenian Foreign Minister, Elmar Mammadyarov stated that the conflict must be resolved within the sovereignty, territorial integrity and internationally recognized borders of Azerbaijan.
Following the meeting, the ministers signed an Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan and Government of Hungary on the international transport of passengers and goods by road as well as a Working Programme between the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Ministry of Human Capacities of Hungary for the years 2018-2020.
- ABOUT AZERBAIJAN
- BILATERAL RELATIONS
- Establishment of the bilateral relations
- Legal base of the bilateral relations
- Important high-level visits and meetings
- Economic cooperation
- Other areas of bilateral cooperation
- Consular issues
- CONSULAR SERVICE AND VISA
- Travel Information
- ASAN Viza ( e-Visa)
- Contacts of the consular section
- Visa requirements
- Facilitation of the visa issuing procedures on the base of the agreement between the European Union and the Republic of Azerbaijan
- The Rule of granting electronic signature certificate to non-residents via diplomatic missions and consulates of the Republic of Azerbaijan