The cooperation between Azerbaijan and Hungary is being successfully developed in the fields of science, education, culture, security, justice, health, sports, television, and reciprocal visits of representatives of relevant institutions are being held on a bilateral level, as well as in the framework of international organizations.
The following documents have been signed between the two countries on the following areas:
- Agreement for cooperation in the field of television between ITV (Azerbaijan) and Duna TV (Hungary) - 03.02.2006
- Memorandum of understanding on cooperation between the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Ministry of Public Administration and Justice of the Republic of Hungary - 11.11.2011
- Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Government of the Republic of Hungary on the cooperation and mutual assistance in the event of disasters - 11.11.2011
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Hungary on cooperation - 11.11.2011
- Agreement on educational, scientific and cultural cooperation between the Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Government of Hungary - 09.10.2012
- Working Programme between the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Ministry of Human Capacities of Hungary for years 2015-2017 - 11.11.2014
- Protocol of Friendship and Cooperation between the Executive Power of Baku city (The Republic of Azerbaijan) and the Municipality of the city of Budapest (Hungary) - 11.11.2014
- Cooperation Agreement in the fields of sports and youth between the Ministry of Youth and Sport of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Ministry of Human Capacities of Hungary - 11.11.2014
- Working Programme between the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Ministry of Human Capacities of Hungary for years 2018-2020 - 07.12.2017
A number of practical works has been done to propagate the culture and art of Azerbaijan and the activity in this area is continued. One of the main methods used by the Embassy in this direction is the translation, publication, distribution of books on Azerbaijani history, literature and culture, as well as organization of cultural events with the participation of well-known Azerbaijani musicians in Hungary.
In addition, the establishment and development of cooperation between the scientific and educational institutions of the two countries is of particular importance, as well as establishing relations with new universities of Hungary.
The Embassy pays special attention to work with the Azerbaijani community in Hungary in various spheres. Participation of community members in the Embassy's activities and diplomatic receptions is ensured and several cultural events are being held with the participation of the Azerbaijani community.
The Azerbaijani community in Hungary might be divided into three categories:
- Azerbaijanis, who are citizens of Hungary;
- Citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan residing permanently or temporarily in Hungary;
- Azerbaijani students studying in Hungary.
At present there are about 100 Azerbaijanis residing in Hungary and most of them mainly live in Budapest. Within the framework of the documents signed between Azerbaijan and Hungary in the field of education, every year up to 200 students are sent to study at Hungarian universities.
Members of the Azerbaijani community take part in the official receptions and events dedicated to Novruz Holiday, anniversary of Khojaly genocide, Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis on March, 31.
Active representatives of the Azerbaijani Diaspora in Hungary are the following:
- Svetlana Abdullayeva - Chair of the Hungarian-Azerbaijani Friendship Society
- Ramiz Amirli - Chairman of the Hungarian-Azerbaijani Fraternity Society
- Nazim Agamaliyev - Chairman of Hun-Az organization
- Ibrahim Safarli - Chairman of Azerbaijan-Hungarian Youth Union
- Rashad Mehbaliyev - Deputy chairman of Azerbaijan-Hungarian Youth Union
- Ilham Aliyev - Businessman
- Jabrayil Naghiyev - Businessman
- Sevinj Muciri - Businesswoman
- Islam Faraczade – Doctor
- Aynur Fahmi – Dentist
- Faiq Xalilov – Businessman
- Gulshen Hajiyeva – Engineer
- Natavan Kroo - Interpreter
- Elena Qlod – Doctor, Surgeon